Install errors rna-majiq-meta

brown.a...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2023, 7:24:56 AM2/8/23
to majiq_voila
Hello,

since trying yesterday I am completely unable to install MAJIQ

I have tried doing it with a virtual env, with a conda environment with python 3.8, but I always get some errors along the lines of

pip3 install git+https://bitbucket.org/biociphers/majiq_academic.git#egg=majiq
WARNING: Generating metadata for package majiq produced metadata for project name rna-majiq-meta. Fix your #egg=majiq fragments.
Discarding git+https://bitbucket.org/biociphers/majiq_academic.git#egg=majiq: Requested rna-majiq-meta from git+https://bitbucket.org/biociphers/majiq_academic.git#egg=majiq has inconsistent name: expected 'majiq', but metadata has 'rna-majiq-meta'
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement majiq (unavailable) (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for majiq (unavailable)

San Jewell

Feb 8, 2023, 9:47:23 AM2/8/23
to majiq_voila
Hello,

This is a new report, which version of python and pip are you using?
What happens if you try only "pip3 install git+https://bitbucket.org/biociphers/majiq_academic.git"  without the "egg=" part?

Thanks,
-San

Laura Sloofman, M.S.

Feb 23, 2023, 3:31:37 PM2/23/23
to majiq_voila
I am also trying this, and among other errors, I am getting:
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement rna-majiq (unavailable) (from rna-majiq-meta) (from versions: 0.0.1)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for rna-majiq (unavailable)

It looks like someone changed a string somewhere and the installation broke.

Thank you,
Laura

San Jewell

Feb 27, 2023, 1:26:53 PM2/27/23
to majiq_voila
Hi Laura,

I have seen this issue come up with one other party where the version with "egg=majiq" was run, and then another attempt was performed without this suffix into the environment where it was used before. I have removed this suffix from the online installation instructions. I would recommend that you try to delete the virtual environment and create a new one and then try to install once more with the corrected command.

If you still have issues after this please post your exact python and pip versions, and I will try to reproduce the error on my side.

Thanks!