No primers in MAJIQ-SPEL

Giulia Tyzack

Mar 30, 2022, 11:28:37 AM3/30/22
to majiq_voila
Hello,

I would lile to use MAJIQ-SPEL to design primers for some events of interest. However when I enter my LSV data I get the same splice graphs for both conditions I am looking at, and no primers are returned. Oddly enough, however, the PSI plots and isoform cartoons do show a different PSI at the junction of interest (please see below for examples). This happenes with every LSV I tired.

I was also trying to use the data from your tutorial to familiarise myslef with the tool but the LSV text from your esample seems to be out of date.

In the text you can find the LSV data for the example in the screenshots.

Any help or advice would be most aprreciated.

Thanks!

Giulia
Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 12.12.59.png
Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 12.15.43.png
LSV_example.txt

Matthew Gazzara

Mar 31, 2022, 12:06:50 PM3/31/22
to majiq_voila
Hi Giulia,

You're right that these results seem strange and this could be a bug. Could you share a screenshot of the splice graph and LSV quantification from Voila view for this event you're trying to design primers for? This will help us figure out what's going on a bit better since some LSVs actually don't have primer sets that SPEL handles.

All the best,
Matt Gazzara