Generating publication figures of the violin plots

shouvonik....@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2021, 9:56:47 AMMar 16
to majiq_voila
Hi folks,

I'm in the final stages of manuscript prep and ran into the classic issue of image resolution that publishers pounce upon.
I've been diligently re-drawing splice graphs with correct fonts, sizing and all that, but I'm stuck on the violin plot. Ubuntu screen capture isn't up to the task and as Matthew had mentioned in an older post, "The simple subtraction of the expected values for PSI will not correspond exactly to the expected dPSI value displayed (we apply a prior, do bootstrapping, etc. to estimate dPSI as a distribution), but it will generally be close." So I haven't been successful in figuring out the values to plug into my graphing software in order to generate a pretty violin plot.
Would you have any suggestions for this?

Best,
Nik

Paul Jewell

Mar 19, 2021, 12:48:21 PMMar 19
to majiq_voila
Hello Nik,

All of the plots are created as SVGs, which will have no issue scaling. Unfortunately, in the current released voila version there are no dedicated buttons for downloading these files. However, it is not too difficult a task to do manually in chrome. You can either use the right click, inspect element on a violin plot, navigate to the "<svg>" and save that, or you would use a helper extension such as: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/svg-export/naeaaedieihlkmdajjefioajbbdbdjgp/related?hl=en-GB , which will automatically list and allow you to save all svg elements on the page. Let me know if this helps and I will make a note about adding a manual save feature for a future release.

Thanks,
-Paul

shouvonik....@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2021, 12:55:59 PMMar 19