Reference transcript for Voila View

Tayvia Brownmiller

Mar 12, 2024, 3:02:31 PMMar 12
to Biociphers
Hello all!

I have recently started working with the MAJIQ/Voila pipeline.

One question I have is:

Is there a way to include a reference gene/transcript in voila view similar to what is available on MAJIQlopedia when looking at a gene/region of interest?

Thanks so much for this amazing toolkit! I am really enjoying it!

Best,

Tayvia Brownmiller, PhD (she/her)
Caplen Lab
Functional Genetics Section
Genetics Branch | Center for Cancer Research | NCI/NIH

San Jewell

Mar 25, 2024, 1:18:59 PMMar 25
to Biociphers
Hi Tayvia,

By default on versions 2.5 and above of majiq, the reference transcripts which are included are taken from the annotation file provided during the "$ majiq build" step in the process. Note that you would have had to do the build with version 2.5 as well, not only voila view. After this, the reference transcripts should show by default.

Please let me know if you are able to observe this behavior.

Thanks,
-San

Tayvia Brownmiller

Mar 26, 2024, 8:30:58 AMMar 26
to Biociphers
Hi San,

Thanks for the info!

I was running an older version of MAJIQ as that is what is available on the HPC here. I have set up an environment with the newest version of MAJIQ and will re-run my analysis. I'll let you know how it goes!

Tayvia

Tayvia Brownmiller

Mar 26, 2024, 10:17:35 AMMar 26
to Biociphers
I can see the reference transcripts now!

Thank you!

San Jewell

Mar 26, 2024, 12:05:43 PMMar 26
to Biociphers