The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living [Read Online]

amy lynn

Jan 4, 2023, 6:55:42 AM1/4/23
to mainstay-book
The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living

by Ryan Holiday and Stephen Hanselman

25.png

Description :

The Daily Stoic is a book of daily readings that is designed to help readers embrace the philosophy of Stoicism and apply its teachings to their daily lives. The book is divided into 366 readings, one for each day of the year, and each reading includes a quote from a Stoic philosopher, such as Marcus Aurelius or Seneca, along with commentary from the authors, Ryan Holiday and Stephen Hanselman.

The main theme of The Daily Stoic is the idea that we can't control external events, but we can control how we respond to them. The authors argue that by following the principles of Stoicism, we can learn to focus on what we can control, let go of what we can't, and live a more peaceful, fulfilling life.

Overall, the book has received positive reviews for its thought-provoking and practical approach to Stoicism. Many readers have found it to be a helpful guide for incorporating Stoic philosophy into their daily lives, and have praised the authors for their clear and concise writing style.