IBM i (AS/400) Assignments - Ramesh Joshi

Ramesh Joshi

Jul 10, 2014, 6:43:15 AM7/10/14
to mainfr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Soma,

I have got 31 years experience in the IT industry, 20 years on the IBM i (aka the AS/400). I am interested in AS/400 consulting and training assignments -- know both RPG and COBOL. I have got a multiple-entry US Business Visa valid up to 2016.

Considering the information I have pasted below my signature, would you or any of your contacts be interested? I have attached my consulting profile, CV, and training profile, which you may forward to your contacts.

I recently published "Hello World on the IBM AS/400" video tutorial, which you may download free from: https://gum.co/haiVs

For more information about the video and Gumroad's ZeroDollarPlus feature, please see the attached PDF.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any queries.

Warm regards,
- Ramesh Joshi
Cell:
+91-​
9822062485

AS/400 Consulting Assignments

Pricing options (Foreign Customers):
  1. Hourly: 20 USD per hour
  2. Fixed Cost: If the specifications are documented and are very clear, then can work on a Fixed Cost basis as well.
  3. Retainer: I can work on a retainer basis too, as I used to for my Chicago customer. Here's how the arrangement works: The customer retains me for, say 40 hours per calendar month at 800 USD and pays me that amount if the work done during the calendar month is between zero to forty hours. If it exceeds 40 hours, the additional amount will be computed at 20 USD per hour.

Pricing options (Indian Customers):

My local (Pune) professional charges for consulting are as follows:

a) If the contract is less than a month, Rs.7000/- per working day + taxes as applicable.
b) If the contract is for a month or more, Rs.125000/- per month + taxes as applicable.

At present, the taxes are (a) 12% Service Tax, (b) 2% Education Cess on Service Tax, (c) 1% Higher Education Cess on Service Tax. So, when billing monthly, the amounts work out as follows:

125000 Professional Charges

 15000 Service Tax (12% on Sub-total)

   300 Education Cess (2% on Service Tax)

   150 Higher Education Cess (1% on Service Tax)

140450 Total

I raise an invoice for Rs.1,40,450/-; my customers deduct 11.24% income tax and pay me the balance amount by cheque or NEFT.

For Pune assignments, I work from the customer's office or from my home or both, depending on the customer's requirement. For other assignments, additional cost of travel, accommodation, local conveyance etc. at actual.

AS/400 Training Assignments

I conduct AS/400 training courses on demand -- both classroom and online -- classroom since 2001, online since 2013 using GoToMeeting. For training, I quote after knowing the details; for further information, please read the attached Training Profile.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Soma Gorde <soma....@gmail.com> wrote:
Weekend Drive on 12 Jul 2014
   JRSS                                    Exp Range Joining Location GOM Code Interview location
Application Developer: COBOL 3 to 7 yrs PUN/KOL/MUM      GBS-0675500 PUN/KOL
Application Developer: CICS      3 to 7 yrs PUN/HYD/GGN        GBS-0672554 PUN/HYD
Application Developer: IMS    3 to 7 yrs PUN                   GBS-0672547 PUN

If anyone interested, pls share you profile with me on somg...@in.ibm.com

Hello World on AS400 and Gumroad's ZeroDollarPlus feature.pdf
Ramesh Joshi-Consulting Profile.doc
Ramesh Joshi-CV-2014 03 31.doc
Ramesh Joshi-Training Profile.doc

Gurumukh Gupta