Planning MOCA 2020 and Tasks

Esperanza Stancioff

Dec 3, 2020, 6:22:31 PM12/3/20
to Mick Devin, Richard Nelson, Blume, Lydia, Don Witherill, Ivy Frignoca, ME OA
Hi All,

We (Parker, Ivy and I) have been steadily working on getting our symposium together. I am looking forward to meeting with you all on Monday morning at 8:30am. Zoom link again below.

Both the registrants and the agenda are attached. We have a wonderful crowd of 67 people attending; and we were concerned we wouldn't get enough! Ivy has been rallying the legislative contingency and Parker and I have focussed lately on the agenda and of course the logistics. We didn't mean to leave anyone out, it has just been going so fast and with all else that everyone has going on.

It will be important for all of you to have a look at the agenda prior to our mtg on Monday so we can make some decisions regarding format. As you can see we were planning on two breakout discussions so we need to revisit this-- should we have these breakouts with such a diverse and important audience (we would need several more volunteers for facilitating and notetaking), or should we have one longer breakout so we can have a continued discussion and more time for large group reporting? Zoom is also a bit clunky with this many for doing breakouts. Those are some of the decisions we need to make on Monday.

I think this is going to be great and with your assistance, we'll make sure it is.  Hope you are all doing well.

Cheers,
Esperanza

Esperanza Stancioff is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: MOCA Symposium Planning
Time: Dec 7, 2020 08:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://maine.zoom.us/j/84365375773?pwd=ODFQZjlhT0hvNlhFL1F5WXdabUQ0QT09
    Password: 504066

Telephone:
    US: +1 646 876 9923  or +1 301 715 8592  o
    Meeting ID: 843 6537 5773
    Password: 504066

Esperanza Stancioff, Extension Professor
Climate Change Lead
University of Maine Cooperative Extension/Maine Sea Grant
377 Manktown Rd
Waldoboro, ME 04572
(207) 832-0343
e...@maine.edu
Final Registrant List MOCA 2020.docx
DRAFT MOCA Symposium Agenda (December).docx

Esperanza Stancioff

Dec 3, 2020, 8:25:20 PM12/3/20
to ME OA, Mick Devin, Don Witherill, Richard Nelson, Blume, Lydia, Ivy Frignoca
Dear OA Google Group,

Please disregard and delete the message I sent earlier. My sincere apology for sending this out to the entire OA community. It was solely intended for the our MOCA steering committee for a planning meeting regarding our December 10th Symposium. My apologies also to our steering committee. For those of you registered for the December 10th meeting we'll be sending information to you in the next few days.

Best,
Esperanza

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 6:22 PM Esperanza Stancioff <e...@maine.edu> wrote:
[...]

Esperanza Stancioff

Dec 6, 2020, 8:50:15 PM12/6/20
to Mick Devin, Richard Nelson, Blume, Lydia, Don Witherill, Ivy Frignoca, ME OA
Hi MOCA SC,

Here is an updated agenda. We now have 70 people registered  so that list is also attached. Zoom link below.

Looking forward to discussing tomorrow morning,
Esperanza

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 6:22 PM Esperanza Stancioff <e...@maine.edu> wrote:
Final Registrants MOCA 2020 Symposium (1).docx
DRAFT MOCA Symposium Agenda (12.06.20) (2).docx