RE: Baykeeper update on the Maine Climate Council

Ivy Frignoca

Apr 27, 2020, 11:05:11 AM4/27/20
to Sarah Lyman, MEOA google group

Dear Fellow Ocean Lovers,

Please see the below for a link to a half hour virtual discussion this Thursday, from 1-1:30. I will provide a 15 minute overview of the Maine Climate Council, with a focus on the Coastal and Marine Working Group (I am a member of this group as are other MOCA participants) and its draft strategies. The strategies are the actions we will recommend to the Climate Council for inclusion in its Action Plan. Right now, all working groups are seeking public feedback on their  draft strategies. If you are interested in learning what the recommended strategies are for the coastal and marine working group and a chance to provide feedback and ask questions, please join me this Thursday. Cassaundra Rose from the Governor’s Office of Policy, Innovation, and the Future (GOPIF) will also be available to answer questions.

I hope some of you will join. Registration is capped at 100, so please sign up soon if you are interested.

In health,

Ivy

Ivy L. Frignoca, Casco Baykeeper

Friends of Casco Bay

43 Slocum Drive

South Portland, ME 04106

Office: (207) 799-8574 ext. 202

Cell: (207) 831-3067

ifri...@cascobay.org

From: Friends of Casco Bay <kee...@cascobay.org>
Date: Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 9:04 AM
Subject: Baykeeper update on the Maine Climate Council
To: Sarah L. Lyman <sly...@cascobay.org>

Thank you for caring about the health of Casco Bay. We continue our work to protect the Bay from the impacts of climate change.

We invite you to join us for Casco Bay and the Maine Climate Council: A Casco Bay Matters Event to hear about Friends of Casco Bay’s work with the Coastal and Marine Working Group of the Maine Climate Council. As you may know, I was appointed to the Coastal and Marine Working Group in September 2019. The working group has drafted recommendations for protecting our coastal waters from the impacts of climate change. We are refining and prioritizing these recommendations before presenting them to the Climate Council in June. We would love to share them with you in this upcoming presentation and get your feedback.

Our Casco Bay and the Maine Climate Council: A Casco Bay Matters Event will include a chance for you to ask questions, and you will learn how you can weigh in.

I hope you will attend, listen, and ask questions through the chat feature during this online event. Attendance will be limited to the first 100 registrations. For those who cannot join us live, please know we intend to record the event. We will share it afterward with all of you via email.

Casco Bay and the Maine Climate Council: A Casco Bay Matters Event
Casco Bay continues to matter. Hear an overview of our work with the Coastal and Marine Working Group of the Maine Climate Council.
Thursday, April 30
1-1:30 pm
Online via Zoom, attendees will participate via chat and polls.
Advance registration is required and participation is limited to the first 100 registrants. Sign up now!

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the event.

If anyone can confront the impacts of climate change, it will be Mainers. Maine has a strong track record of addressing environmental issues.

Sincerely,
Ivy Frignoca
Casco Baykeeper
Friends of CascoBay