Re: Still time to REGISTER for December 10th MOCA Research Symposium

Esperanza Stancioff

Dec 1, 2020, 4:34:38 PM12/1/20
to Esperanza stancioff, Don Witherill, Blume, Lydia, Mick Devin, Richard Nelson, Ivy Frignoca

Hello MOCA colleagues and Friends,

This is a reminder to register for our MOCA Research Symposium. We still have some room for others if you are interested and available. We're looking forward to having us all together on December 10th, 9am to 11:30am.  We'll send out the  Zoom meeting connection with more information when we confirm your registration. Please note that since we are hoping to provide  discussion, space will be limited. So please register as soon as possible and by December 3rd. The Draft agenda is below in the previous email.

Registration is required in order to receive the meeting Zoom link. Deadline to register is Thursday December 3, 2020.

Registration number is limited to allow opportunities for discussion

Please let me know if you have any questions: Esperanza-- e...@maine.edu

We hope you can participate!
The MOCA Steering Committee

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 9:08 AM Esperanza Stancioff <e...@maine.edu> wrote:
Greetings all,

The Maine Ocean and Coastal Acidification Partnership is pleased to inform you that we will be hosting a research symposium (Draft Agenda below) on December 10, 2020; 9:00am to 11:30am. Please mark your calendars!
We'll send out a registration form in the next week.

We're looking forward to getting everyone together to discuss the state of OA in Maine.

Best Regards,
Esperanza (on behalf of the MOCA steering committee: Don Witherill, Ivy Frignoca, Lydia Blume, Mick Devin,  Parker Gassett, and Richard Nelson)

DRAFT MOCA Symposium Agenda

Welcome and Introductions
MOCA’s role in meetings conducted and report development leading up to the Maine Climate Council

Keynote

How the Maine Climate Council's recommended strategies tie in with ocean climate change monitoring and information and MOCA’s role in building collaborative efforts, next policy steps, and potential legislation.
Hannah Pingree, Director Governor's Office of Policy Innovation and Future

Panel 1
Overview of Science and Technical Committee on OA in Gulf of Maine Coast
Susie Arnold, Island Institute

(Small Group Discussions)

Panel 2  (Lightning Talks)
Highlighting continuity along the coast between MOCA activities and the climate council process.  Panelists:
Downeast Institute, Robert Holmberg
       Shell Day Update, Parker Gassett
Department of Marine Resources, Jes Waller
Maine Coastal Observing Alliance, Kathleen Thornton
       Friends of Casco Bay, Mike Doan
Wells Estuarine Research Reserve, Jason Goldstein

(Small Group Discussions)

Large Group reporting and Discussion, with Next Steps

Esperanza Stancioff, Extension Professor
Climate Change Lead
University of Maine Cooperative Extension/Maine Sea Grant
377 Manktown Rd
Waldoboro, ME 04572
(207) 832-0343
e...@maine.edu