December 2013

Jeff Raymond

Dec 13, 2013, 5:36:25 PM12/13/13
to mainefo...@googlegroups.com

Howdy Folks,

the first big storm of the season is looming on the horizon & of course my yard is not really cleared for plowing but the extra stuff may soon be well hidden by a two foot blanket of snow... & of course so will the two cords of seasoned fire wood awaiting my attentions. Dropped last winter & split & well dried it is still in 4, 5 & 6 foot lengths. I guess tomorrow I'll be at home & very busy!

Right now with a wood stove at my feet, a bean filled microwave heat thing draped over my chair & the lap top warming my legs I am content. At one time we relied on the cat to warm our laps but she woulda got upset if I leaned back on her like I do this big
ole bean bag.

I don't believe that the pending storm will interfere with Saturday Night's Freeport dance but if in doubt call before you travel.

Also there will be a New Years Dance in Topsham, 16th Annual by my count, not that I am one to keep track of such stuff. No supper this year, just potluck snacks this year but all else will remain the same if not better.

Be well, Jeff

Saturday December 14th

 Saturday 2ndFreeport  Contradance

with

Jaige & Adam and caller George Marshall.

  Merriconeag Waldorf School, 57 Desert Rd, Freeport.  Please bring a separate pair of shoes for dancing, to protect the floor.

Family Dance 6:00 $3person/$12 max per family.

Finger-Food Potluck 7:00,

Beginner session 7:30,

Dance 8:00-11:30.

$10/$7 Students & Seniors. Info: 233-4325, fidd...@yahoo.com or deffa.org, and find us on Facebook.

To get to the school take 295 exit 20, Desert Rd, go west 1.3 miles, and turn left just after the school sign. This leads to a parking lot, and the Community Hall is the building closest to the lot.

Tuesday, December 31

Topsham  16th Annual New Year's Extravaganza

An Evening of Contradance  & Waltz

Topsham Grange Hall, 47 Pleasant St.

Music by Velocipede - Julia Plumb, Baron Collins-Hill.

Calling by Maggie Robinson, Kim Roberts, Richard Green.

Contradance 8:30PM til we run out of dancers, sparkling cider toast at midnight. A waltz on the top of every hour,

A Dance Medly as well!

"Kitchen Free" Potluck, finger food n desserts are good!

$12, kids n Snrs  $10

Please bring a separate pair of shoes for dancing, to protect the floor.

FMI email me at jeff...@gmail.com or Call or text 712-2837, best between 3:45 & 9 PM please leave a message if I do not answer, I have a day job, yikes.

To get to the Grange take 295 Exit 31 to 196 East, go 1 mile, turn Right on 201/Maine St, go 1/2 mile to a left turn on Pleasant St, and there it is.