Peter Golden

Rachel Taylor

Dec 5, 2020, 7:18:16 PM12/5/20
to Maine Sacred Harp Singings
Friends,

Peter Golden has been transferred to hospice care in Waterville. He is likely to pass away within the next 24 hours.

If you would like to send a recording of yourself singing for Peter, please send it as soon as possible to Chris Holley. Chris will forward it to Andrew Golden, who will play it for Peter.

As many of you know, Peter suffered a stroke earlier this autumn and has been gravely ill since then. His family has been able to be with him almost continuously during his hospitalization, which is a great blessing. Andrew has been playing lots of Sacred Harp recordings at Peter's bedside, and he seems to be able to hear them and sometimes responds.

This is very hard and very sad for all of us who know Peter. It is doubly hard that we are not able to gather to sing for him in person. I encourage everyone to sing something for him, whether you are able to send a recording or not.

Peace and love,
Rachel Taylor