Tomorrow (7/22) Friday evening supper and start of singing weekend

Chris Holley

Jul 21, 2022, 2:19:12 PM7/21/22
to Maine Sacred Harp Singings

Maine Singers…  Tomorrow (Friday 22nd) we kick off our Maine Singing Weekend at the Pulling Shed at the Cumberland County Fairgrounds in Cumberland.

We will begin with a chili supper at 6:00 PM and then a Cooper Book singing at 7:00 PM. The supper is based around various chilis, salads and corn bread.

All are invited and if you are a local Maine singer,  any food contributions you could make  to the supper would be warmly welcomed.

And speaking of warmly… yes it will be very warm tomorrow evening so please pack your hot food to stay hot and your cold food to stay cold.  There are no cooking facilities available.

If you have hot food in a crockpot there are places to plug it in.  Bricks heated to 400 in your oven are also an excellent way to keep a metal pot hot surrounded by newspaper in a strong cardboard box.

Cookie.. brownies etc. would also be nice to have for dessert. We will be picking up ice cream as close to the last minute as possible.

Please bring your own labeled serving utensils.  We will be there starting to  set up for supper at 4:00

The following day we will be singing from the Denson Book  in the pulling shed again starting at 10:00 AM.  We will not be serving lunch so pack a picnic lunch.  (Snacks for the snack table are welcome) There are also several take out restaurants very close by.  Bring a chair if you can.

Sunday we will sing again in Bath at the Gazebo in Library Park at 10 AM.    Again we will not be serving food so either pack a picnic lunch or plan on takeout at one of the many nearby restaurants.  Remember to bring a chair.

Hope to see a lot of you!!

Chris Holley