Singing at the Common Ground Fair

1 view

ba...@myfairpoint.net

Sep 5, 2022, 8:57:11 AM9/5/22
to Maine Sacred Harp Singings Email List
Yes, we are singing at the Common Ground Country Fair!  If you would like free passes to the fair, please respond soon--tickets are limited. I will start mailing them out this Friday.

You are invited to sing at MOFGA's Common Ground CountryFair on Saturday and Sunday, September 24 & 25 from12:30 - 1:30pm at the Maine Folk Traditions Stage(On the south edge of Folk Arts, across from the Agricultural Products area, near the Blacksmith Shop) Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to help set up...

There are a limited number of free tickets for singers ($20 at the gate).Please email ba...@myfairpoint.net if you plan to attend, even if you are already a MOFGA member. Please respond as soon as you can, to make sure you get a ticket. I will mail tickets out when I get them (about a week before the fair--maybe sooner)

If you would like tickets please send me the following info:
1. Name/Names & mailing address of singers
2. Please tell me which day/days you plan on singing

And, as always allow plenty of time to get to the fair before we sing. Traffic is heavy; parking is crazy; and we do not sing near the gates...I usually try to get there when the fair opens and have no problems with traffic or parking and have time to enjoy the fair (I highly recommend the Q & A with Eric Sideman for all you gardeners with problems).

Mofga members get free entry into the fair as well as a great quarterlynewspaper on organic gardening. Memberships start at $40 --money well spent.

For more info on Mofga or the fair check out
www.mofga.org

For more info about Shape Note Singing in Maine: www.mainesacredharp.org and www.maineshapenotesinging.org/MaineSingings.php

Thanks,
Barb Ames