2021 Maine Singing Weekend

Rachel Taylor

Jul 12, 2021, 3:00:34 PMJul 12
to Maine Sacred Harp Singings
Friends,

Please join us for the 2021 Maine Singing Weekend on July 23, 24, and 25 in Union Maine.

To keep all our beloved fellow-singers safe and healthy,
we have amended the Weekend in the following ways:

NEW VENUE - The Union Fairgrounds, just down the road from our dear old
Town House. All weekend singing will take place in the Pulling Shed,
 a huge, airy, open-sided structure. Please bring a chair, if able.

PICNIC-ON-THE-GROUNDS - We are asking singers to bring their own picnic lunches for the All-Day Singing on Saturday. We will provide drinks and desserts.

ON-SITE CAMPING - The Fairgrounds cover over 20 acres and include:
Tent sites (no water or electricity; no open fires) - $10 preregistered, $15 at the door
RV/Camper sites (electric & water hook-ups) - $30-$45/night

If you are interested in camping at the Fairgrounds, please contact
 cam...@mainesacredharp.org
All campers please register with us by Wednesday, July 21.

Weekend Schedule

Friday, June 23
6pm  Chili Supper
7pm  Cooper Book Singing

Saturday, June 24
10am-4pm   Maine All-Day Singing
light breakfast items provided
with self-catered Picnic on the Grounds, midday
Evening social

Sunday, June 25
10am-noon   Singing from D.H. Mansfield’s The American Vocalist
Afternoon    Visit to Mansfield’s gravesite in Hope, Maine with special guest Prof. David Deacon

We ask singers to respect the health of all in our singing community.
If unvaccinated, please comply with CDC recommendations by masking and social distancing.

For more information contact:
ch...@mainesacredharp.org

If you are interested in volunteering, please get in touch with me at ch...@mainesacredharp.org

A flyer is attached for the event. There is also a Facebook event page accessible to everyone here: https://fb.me/e/2b1wj4HXC

I hope to see all of you there!

Rachel T.
The Maine Singing Weekend, 2021 Flyer.pdf

Rachel Taylor

Jul 13, 2021, 7:23:24 PMJul 13
to Maine Sacred Harp Singings
A Small Correction! The "Weekend Schedule" portion of the flyer references dates in "June". Be assured that we will be singing on JULY 23, 24, and 25.

We always need willing volunteers to help make this singing happen. If you'd like to help out, please email ch...@mainesacredharp.org.

Cheers!
Rachel