Singing on Sunday, June 26

Sara Sandberg

Jun 24, 2022, 10:29:16 PM6/24/22
to Maine-sacred-...@googlegroups.com
Let's sing!
Sunday, June 26, from 2-5pm
Bath, Maine, in the Library Park Gazebo

Bring your own chair and a book if you have one. There will be loaner books available.

And, it's time to start thinking about our annual singing. Here are some details:

Maine’s singers warmly invite you

July 22-23, 2022

Cumberland Fairground in Cumberland, Maine

Friday evening: Cooper Book Singing

6pm Chili Supper, followed by Singing from The Sacred Harp, Cooper ed.

Saturday, 10 am—3:30 pm: 19th Annual Maine All-Day
Sacred Harp Singing

Singing from The Sacred Harp, 1991 Denson ed.

All welcome, no experience necessary. Loaner books available.

Please bring a chair if you can.

Please bring your own picnic lunch on Saturday. Snacks to share (cookies, fruit, crackers) are welcome.

Camping will be available on-site.  For reservations and info please text Camping Supervisor William Fischer at 1-207-749-0280.

Camping is also available at nearby Bradbury Mountain State Park. For reservations and info go to:  https://www.bradburymountain.com/camping-campgrounds/

ba...@myfairpoint.net

Jun 29, 2022, 12:52:40 PM6/29/22
to Maine Sacred Harp Singings Email List

Update for Common Ground Country Fair 2022

At this time, we should hear by the end of July if the Common Ground Fair will really happen this year.  We also should know if the great wooden floor has been replaced.  The floor, belonging to Doug Protsik and used at Common Ground & the Maine Fiddle Camp, was stolen along with the trailer it was in.  The trailer was recovered, but the floor disappeared, probably turning into building materials along the way.

Dates for the Fair are September 23, 24, & 25.  Please remember that Mofga membership benefits have changed.  A $40 membership allows 1 free ticket to the fair, a $60 membership allows 2 free tickets to the fair and a $100 memberships allows 3 free tickets to the fair.  Tickets open up on August 1; even members need to reserve free tickets.

As soon as I have more info, I will pass it along,
Thanks so much,
Barb Ames
Brunswick