Transitioning Your Courses to ArcGIS Pro

1 view

Tora Johnson

Jun 8, 2019, 3:33:09 PM6/8/19
to maine-gis...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

The Maine Geospatial Institute will be offering a workshop for educators on transitioning your courses from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro on Thursday, June 13th from 9:30am to 3:30pm at the University of Maine, Nutting Hall Room 254. Lunch will be provided.

The workshop is free for UMaine System faculty, paid for by grant funding. Non-UMS faculty may register for a fee of $115. We still have a few spaces open.

Please use this form by 5pm Monday 6/10 to register for the workshop: https://forms.gle/8FNyRQqkLr1wfhfV7.

Our instructor will be Brad Folta of Honey Badger Analytics.

The morning session will be a boot camp introduction to ArcGIS Pro, covering:
  • Key differences between Pro and ArcMap
  • New capabilities of Pro
  • Important functions, tools and workflows
  • Managing individual and enterprise licenses
  • Sharing web-based maps and services in Pro
  • Elements of Pro that present challenges to new users
  • Other topics, as requested
In the afternoon, we plan to have a work session where we will each work on transitioning one of our own tutorials originally built in ArcMap. Ideally, that will help us to identify and share potential sticking points for students and get us started on the process of converting all our materials.

Again, please register for the workshop by 5pm on Monday, June 10th

Let me know if you have any questions!

Tora
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tora Johnson, PhD
Chair, Division of Environmental & Biological Sciences
Director of GIS/ Associate Professor
GIS Lab & Service Center, Torrey Hall 223
University of Maine at Machias
tjoh...@maine.edu / to...@svbetsy.com
(207) 255-1214

Need to make an appointment with Tora during office hours? Go to http://bit.ly/toraofficehours