Black Terns at Pine Point Beach

Noah Gibb

Jul 2, 2022, 10:44:25 PM7/2/22
to Maine Birds
There were two Black Terns mixed in with Common, Roseate, and Least Terns at Pine Point Beach this afternoon in Scarborough.  This is only my 3rd time having this species off their freshwater breeding grounds.

Bird haahd,

Brendan

Jul 5, 2022, 12:35:21 PM7/5/22
to Maine birds
One Black Tern was still present at Pine Point (across from the pier at Stern's Seafood) this morning at around 9:30AM along with lots of other types of terns.   When I'd previously tried to bird Pine Point I went to the beach and walked towards the jetty but apparently the "good spot" is further back up the river near Stern's (formerly the Pine Point Fisherman's Co-Op).  One good bonus about the Stern's / pier location is that there are free 20 minute parking spots instead of paying $15-20 for public beach parking.   Good birding.