FORK-TAILED FLYCATCHER, Gilsland Farm, Falmouth

Derek and Jeannette Lovitch

Sep 16, 2017, 11:44:22 AM9/16/17
to Maine Birds
Hello everyone,

We just received word of a Fork-tailed Flycatcher that was seen at Gilsland Farm around 11:15. I don't have exact directions, but wanted to get the word out.

-Jeannette

 Derek and Jeannette Lovitch
 Freeport Wild Bird Supply
 541 Route One, Suite 10
 Freeport, ME 04032

Doug Hitchcox

Sep 16, 2017, 1:07:48 PM9/16/17
to Bird Alerts
I think my first reply didn't go to the list, so:

The bird is showing off along the northern edge of the North Meadow. Staying above the big white/gray house.

Sent from my iPhone

Magill Weber

Sep 16, 2017, 5:06:39 PM9/16/17
to Doug Hitchcox, Bird Alerts
Any updates on this bird (positive or negative) on Sunday 9/17 would be appreciated. Thanks!
Magill Weber

Margaret Viens

Sep 18, 2017, 6:24:57 AM9/18/17
to Hitchcox Doug, Aversa Tom, margar...@gmail.com

Any updates (positive or negative) for Monday, Sept 18th would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,
Margaret Viens
Waterville

Sent from my iPhone

Doug Hitchcox

Sep 18, 2017, 7:34:50 AM9/18/17
to Bird Alerts
Just ran into Gary Roberts who had the bird this morning (9/18). We're working on relocating it now but it was seen in the swale the juts into the North Meadow. Pretty foggy and damp right now so not exactly great for fly catching.

Good birding,

Doug Hitchcox

Sent from my iPhone

mresc...@aol.com

Sep 18, 2017, 9:23:27 AM9/18/17
to dhit...@me.com, maine...@googlegroups.com
 The target bird is in the north western portion of the north meadow.   Sometimes perched low in the fog and drizzle but sometimes perched high as well

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Margaret Viens

Sep 18, 2017, 11:25:54 AM9/18/17
to mresc...@aol.com, dhit...@me.com, maine...@googlegroups.com
Bird was there from 10:20 - 10:50 when it flew off out of sight, then we left. But not sure if it has been refound in the last few minutes.

It had been roosting in the wet fog and coming out to eat viburnum.

Good luck,

Margaret Viens

Sent from my iPhone

Doug Hitchcox

Sep 18, 2017, 11:28:45 AM9/18/17
to Bird Alerts
It moved over to the elm next to the big white house on the north edge of the North Meadow. If it follows the pattern of the last two days, it should stay in/near this tree until the evening.

Good birding,

Doug Hitchcox

Sent from my iPhone