Red-headed Woodpecker, Cape Elizabeth

Nathan Hall

May 16, 2022, 7:21:37 AM5/16/22
to Maine-Birds Google List
The red-headed woodpecker first reported yesterday on eBird continues this morning in  Cape Elizabeth.

The birdfeeder that the bird has been going to can be seen from the road and I heard the bird a few times from the road. I was able to see the bird from the homeowner’s driveway with homeowner permission. I was not able to get permission for everyone to walk down the driveway as they seemed a little surprised that people would show up to look for it.

This is a super small road and parking is unclear and tight. If you head over there use common sense and respect.

I’ll post photos and sound recording on my eBird checklist later today.

Be well
Nathan Hall