Duck concentration at Magotty Meadow Brook Marsh (Sagadahoc County)

Eric Hynes

Mar 28, 2023, 8:46:25 PM3/28/23
to Maine Birds
Hello Maine Birders,

I have driven west on 197, from Richmond into Bowdoin several times in the last week and have noticed a significant concentration of waterfowl at the south end of Cobbosseecontee Stream. The Magotty Meadow Brook Marsh is split by 197, just west of 201, at the northern tip of Sagadahoc County.

This afternoon, I had a few minutes to spare and my optics, which allowed for some fun waterfowl watching. Highlights included at least six Northern Pintail, a pair of Wood Ducks, a scattering of Hooded Mergansers, higher than expected number of Ring-necked Ducks, and two different Bald Eagles stirring the pot.

The complete list can be viewed here:

Good birding,
Eric
Eric Hynes