TUFTED PUFFIN - Petit Manan Island, 22 Jun

Doug Hitchcox

Jun 22, 2022, 6:47:32 PM6/22/22
to Bird Alerts
A TUFTED PUFFIN was found today on Petit Manan Island by Kaiulani Sund, and I’ll share my thanks to Hallie Daly for getting the word out. Their observation was just before 1PM, after which the bird left the island but did return a couple hours later. The bird was also seen, but apparently not recognized, during the Acadia Puffin Cruise’s trip around 10:30AM this morning.

I wanted to get the word out here because Acadia Puffin Cruise has added a trip tomorrow, departing at 12PM (until 1:45PM) and there is space available. Here is their website for more information: https://acadiapuffincruise.com

There are lots of great options for boat rides to Petit Manan, but the above option was the only one I could find with space tomorrow. Others, like Robertson Sea Tour (https://www.robertsonseatours.com) and Bar Harbor Whale Watch (https://www.barharborwhales.com) have more trips coming up but they are filling fast. (BHWW just had a spot open for 9:30AM tomorrow as I type this!)

Good birding,

Doug Hitchcox
Maine Bird Atlas - Outreach Coordinator
Maine Audubon - Staff Naturalist