An egregious mistake, and a sincere apology to all

Seth Benz

Jul 19, 2022, 1:37:46 AM7/19/22
to Maine Birds
Dear Readers/Birders,
The recent post of an oystercatcher with color bands that I reported as taken at Egg Rock in Washington County, Maine was actually photo'd in Iceland in August of 2021.  I did not discover this egregious discrepancy until about an hour ago.  Somehow the Iceland photo got lumped in with my other oystercatcher photos from July 10 of this year. I honestly do not know how that occurred because I keep my photo files in chronological order on my computer. The offending photo appears on July 10 as well as in August of last summer.  When it was reported to me that the ID was a Eurasian OY, and knowing I had been to Iceland last summer, I clicked on the info icon on the photo and discovered the horror of my error.
I sincerely and deeply apologize to everyone.
Seth

--

Seth Benz

Bird Ecology Program Director

Schoodic Institute at Acadia National Park t: 207.288.1350     c: 207.412.8677
e: sb...@schoodicinstitute.org
w: www.schoodicinstitute.org
m: P.O. Box 277, Winter Harbor, Maine 04693

Discover the secrets of birds and birding in Acadia