Hills Beach Hummingbird

Pat Moynahan

Nov 2, 2012, 4:55:51 PM11/2/12
to Maine Birds
For your information: Anthony Hill, Certified Trainer, of Passerines and Hummingbirds from South Hadley, Ma. banded, measured and weighted the Selasphorus Hummingbird that has been visiting my feeders for several weeks this am, 2 Nov 2012. Tail and wing measurements , as well as mandibular groove determined that this is a hatch year, female Rufous Hummingbird. i will submit photos, and precise measurements to the Maine Bird Records Committee. Please contact me off line if you have any questions. The bird returned to the feeder shortly after release. Thanks, Pat