Red-breasted Meadowlark???

Sean Hatch

Nov 20, 2021, 11:25:17 AM11/20/21
to maine...@googlegroups.com
An observant friend of mine who works on a fishing boat out of New Bedford MA says she saw this bird land on their boat and "hitchhike" a ride all the way back to port. I have never heard of this species myself. Looks like a Costa Rican bird. She was within feet of the bird & described it as blackbird size and shape. All black with a bright red orange chest. Shr found the image of a Red-breasted Meadowlark and says that's what she saw. How likely is this?  My friend described it fairly well and she usually has a keen eye for such things. Offline responses are fine.