Re: [Maine-birds] Digest for maine-birds@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 3 topics

Bets Brown

Jul 6, 2022, 7:01:40 PM7/6/22
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Saw the Henslow Sparrow today at about 3 pm.  Singing beautifully.
Bets

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 4:32 PM <maine...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Sean Hatch <sean...@gmail.com>: Jul 06 08:18AM -0400

Heard the Henslow's Sparrow yesterday found by Gorden Smith and its
continuing today. I must be crazy but I personally thought I heard 2
separate birds though not at the same time. Not sure if this bird can throw
its songs but at one point it was calling within 10 yds from me then while
I was still looking at the same area the call to me seem to come from much
further out maybe 30 yds. Not sure how it moved without me seeing it but
certainly not impossible.
"andrew...@gmail.com" <andrew...@gmail.com>: Jul 05 05:18PM -0700

Of course just after I leave Maine a Balck-necked Stilt showed up at
Scarborough Marsh:-) Just saw it posted on the Maine Birds FB grp.

Andrew
"andrew...@gmail.com" <andrew...@gmail.com>: Jul 05 05:13PM -0700

Just saw on the Maine birds FB page that a Henslows Sparrow is being seen
in Brunswick near the Pleasant Hill Rd./Church Rd. int. and a White Pelican
is on the St. John's River in Grand Isle. Didn't see these posted here.

Andrew