Accessing Mailsmith data once Apple's 64 bit move kills Mailsmith

Neil Barstow

Dec 9, 2020, 11:45:48 AM12/9/20
to Mailsmith Talk
Hia all

great resource this, AND thanks barebones guys for keeping MS running too.

I've seen a conversation here about archiving mention using Devonthink, I upgraded to Devonthink 3 to try that but it's lost the structure of the mailboxes so doesn’t "look" anything like Mailsmith, plus the search is less able.

That archiving thread also mentioned Mailsteward, they only have a volume limited demo so I guess the demo is not much good to test with a big mail database. Hence my questions here.
Is Mailsteward the way to go?
I want to make a copy of my Mailsmith data (I realise I may have to drag and drop individual mailboxes to get .mbox files - then I'd really like to be able to view it with the folder hierarchy preserved and a level of search approaching that in Mailsmith IF possible.

I'd also like to archive my gmail [and google apps mail] too but that’s a different subject, unless it influences the answer, maybe Mailsteward is the ideal answer to that issue too? [although it doesn't access remote mail servers.]

I did email Mailsteward support about this in October with no reply, I wondered if they might be winding down, so many  businesses are finding the current circumstances hard do deal with

thanks all
keep safe and happy