Odd Problem - Unable to Send Mail

Roger Diggle

Sep 5, 2018, 6:00:58 PM9/5/18
to mailsmith-talk
Greetings, ye Smithies ...

I have a very puzzling problem.

Using version 2.4.3 (480) & OS 10.11.6

I have two essentially identical accounts. Different usernames
and passwords,, and different prefs for leaving mail on the
server, etc. Otherwise identical. Both using the same POP &
SMTP servers. One gets only occasional outgoing use. Sometime
in the last two weeks, I started getting 23320 and 23321 errors
on Send.

I was able to log into the webmail interface, and to fetch
mail. Just not send. Passwords for all three functions should
be Identical. To be sure, I replaced all three password entries
using copy and paste. No change.

Thinking there might be som kinda underlying database
corruption, I created a new account to handle that mail. Again,
passwords entered via copy and paste. Everything else entered
by freshly typing the entries. No joy. The new account acts
the same way as the account it was to replace.

Tech support for the mail servers say they can provide no help.

Any wisdom anyone can bestow will be greatly appreciated!

Roger Diggle

cjones

Oct 9, 2018, 11:19:54 AM10/9/18
to Mailsmith Talk
Sounds like the flip side of the TLS upgrade a lot of mail servers are undergoing. Probably is the end of line for Mailsmith as it is limited to TLS 1.0 (see other posts on not downloading mail). Odd though that your IT folks wouldn't mention this if this upgrade had been done.