Cannot download emails to Mailsmith since ISP server upgrade (Part 2)

zeon.ma...@123mail.org

Jul 9, 2018, 2:20:50 PM7/9/18
to Mailsmith Talk
I wrote an earlier email (which does not appear on Mailsmith Talk yet). I have received further advice from my ISP:

…Mailsmith email client isn't supporting the new TLS 1.2 encryption thus causing errors when connecting your mailbox. What I can advise you on the matter is to double-check with Mailsmith's developers so they could further advise you if their email client supports the newest encryption method and further advise us what might be causing your issues.

So can anyone advise?

Rich Siegel

Jul 9, 2018, 3:55:46 PM7/9/18
to mailsmi...@googlegroups.com
On 7/8/18 at 5:45 PM, zeon.ma...@123mail.org wrote:

>>…Mailsmith email client isn't supporting the new TLS 1.2 encryption
>>thus causing errors when connecting your mailbox. What I can advise
>>you on the matter is to double-check with Mailsmith's developers so
>>they could further advise you if their email client supports the
>>newest encryption method and further advise us what might be causing
>>your issues.

Mailsmith does clamp the maximum negotiated TLS version to 1.0.
I'm not sure why it did that at the time, and I can't do
anything about it retroactively. Sorry about that.

R.
--
Rich Siegel Mailsmith Maintainer
<sie...@mailsmith.org> <http://www.mailsmith.org/>