[imp] Error when communication with the server

Odhiambo Washington

May 11, 2016, 6:39:25 PM5/11/16
I wiped clean my installation last night and did a clean install of the
latest.

pear uninstall `pear list -c horde | tail -n +4 | awk '{ print "horde/"$1
}'`
mv horde horde_bk

pear install horde/horde_role
pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
pear install -a -B horde/webmail
webmail-install

I am then able to login to the admin interface and configure everything,
but when I click inbox, I get this message saying "error when communicating
with server" and i just hangs there trying to load inbox.

How do I debug this?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,

Odhiambo Washington

May 12, 2016, 6:01:14 AM5/12/16
On 12 May 2016 at 02:08, Michael J Rubinsky <mrub...@horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Odhiambo Washington <odhi...@gmail.com>:
>
> I wiped clean my installation last night and did a clean install of the
>> latest.
>>
>> pear uninstall `pear list -c horde | tail -n +4 | awk '{ print "horde/"$1
>> }'`
>> mv horde horde_bk
>>
>> pear install horde/horde_role
>> pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
>> pear install -a -B horde/webmail
>> webmail-install
>>
>> I am then able to login to the admin interface and configure everything,
>> but when I click inbox, I get this message saying "error when
>> communicating
>> with server" and i just hangs there trying to load inbox.
>>
>> How do I debug this?
>>

> Check the webserver and horde error logs. Check the IMAP server logs. You
> can also enable IMAP debug logging in Horde in imp/config/backends.php.

In my backends.local.php, I set debug to a file and debug_raw to to true,
but I get nothing substantial to work with. I use dovecot and
authentication works fine.
Well, I am testing horde alongside another webmail app which works fine, so
I am trying to find out why it doesn't work in the imp side..The log data
below doesn't look like it has anything raw, right? Except I think it
should not be logging out immediately, but should stay connected....why
does it logout? I could be wrong..

>> Thu, 12 May 2016 12:55:40 +0300
>> Connection to: imap://localhost/
>> Server connection took 0.0002 seconds.
S: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
C: 1 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: wa...@xxxxxx.ccc
)]
S: 1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
MULTIAPPEND URL-PARTIAL CATENATE UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN
CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS BINARY MOVE SPECIAL-USE] Logged in
>> Command 1 took 0.0064 seconds.
>> CACHE: Using the Horde_Imap_Client_Cache_Backend_Cache storage driver.
C: 2 ENABLE QRESYNC
C: 3 NAMESPACE
S: * ENABLED QRESYNC
S: 2 OK Enabled (0.000 + 0.000 secs).
>> Command 2 took 0.0004 seconds.
S: * NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL NIL
S: 3 OK Namespace completed.
>> Command 3 took 0.0046 seconds.
C: 5 LIST "" INBOX RETURN (SUBSCRIBED)
C: 4 LIST (SUBSCRIBED) "" (*) RETURN (SUBSCRIBED)
S: * LIST () "/" INBOX
S: 5 OK List completed (0.000 + 0.000 secs).
>> Command 5 took 0.001 seconds.
S: * LIST (\Subscribed) "/" Trash
S: * LIST (\Subscribed) "/" Sent
S: * LIST (\Subscribed) "/" Drafts
S: * LIST (\Subscribed) "/" Spam
S: 4 OK List completed (0.000 + 0.000 secs).
>> Command 4 took 0.0015 seconds.
C: 6 LOGOUT
S: * BYE Logging out
S: 6 OK Logout completed.
>> Command 6 took 0.0006 seconds.

Odhiambo Washington

May 12, 2016, 9:33:11 AM5/12/16
On 12 May 2016 at 15:58, Michael J Rubinsky <mrub...@horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Odhiambo Washington <odhi...@gmail.com>:
>
> On 12 May 2016 at 02:08, Michael J Rubinsky <mrub...@horde.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Quoting Odhiambo Washington <odhi...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> I wiped clean my installation last night and did a clean install of the

>>> Check the webserver and horde error logs. Check the IMAP server logs. You
>>> can also enable IMAP debug logging in Horde in imp/config/backends.php.
>>>

>> In my backends.local.php, I set debug to a file and debug_raw to to true,
>> but I get nothing substantial to work with. I use dovecot and
>> authentication works fine.
>>

> What about the other logs?

My Apache error log has nothing related to this.

Should there be another log? Horde-specific?

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles

May 13, 2016, 12:57:30 PM5/13/16

----- Mensagem de Odhiambo Washington <odhi...@gmail.com> ---------
Data: Thu, 12 May 2016 16:20:13 +0300
De: Odhiambo Washington <odhi...@gmail.com>
Assunto: Re: [imp] Error when communication with the server
Para: mrub...@horde.org
Cc: i...@lists.horde.org

> On 12 May 2016 at 15:58, Michael J Rubinsky <mrub...@horde.org> wrote:
>

>> Quoting Odhiambo Washington <odhi...@gmail.com>:

I don't use webmail, since long ago I use to install Horde, IMP and
other Horde applications, so maybe my questions make no sense for you.

How exatly do you are "able to login to the admin interface"? Do you
login as a user that is configured to be Horde admin, or you are just
granted access to the admin interface as long as you don't log out?

Have you take a look at the mail log?
Can you use your mail sistem via another IMPA/POP3 program (cell
phone, Gmail, Thunderbird)?

Mauricio

>>> In my backends.local.php, I set debug to a file and debug_raw to to true,
>>> but I get nothing substantial to work with. I use dovecot and
>>> authentication works fine.
>>>

>> What about the other logs?
>

> My Apache error log has nothing related to this.
>
> Should there be another log? Horde-specific?
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
> Nairobi,KE
> +254 7 3200 0004/+254 7 2274 3223
> "Oh, the cruft."
> --

----- Final da mensagem de Odhiambo Washington <odhi...@gmail.com> -----

Maurício José T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho/UFRJ
Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
Núcleo de Informática
CCS, Bloco G, sala G1-006
Cidade Universitária - Ilha do Fundão
21941-902, Rio de Janeiro - RJ

mte...@biof.ufrj.br
Tel.: (21) 3938-6526 ou 3938-6544

Odhiambo Washington

May 13, 2016, 5:28:03 PM5/13/16
On 13 May 2016 at 19:47, Mauricio Jose T. Tecles <mte...@biof.ufrj.br>
wrote:

> ----- Mensagem de Odhiambo Washington <odhi...@gmail.com> ---------
> Data: Thu, 12 May 2016 16:20:13 +0300
> De: Odhiambo Washington <odhi...@gmail.com>
> Assunto: Re: [imp] Error when communication with the server
> Para: mrub...@horde.org
> Cc: i...@lists.horde.org
>

> On 12 May 2016 at 15:58, Michael J Rubinsky <mrub...@horde.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Quoting Odhiambo Washington <odhi...@gmail.com>:

> I don't use webmail, since long ago I use to install Horde, IMP and other
> Horde applications, so maybe my questions make no sense for you.

Actually, the fact that you 'don't use webmail' is what doesn't make sense
for me. Does horde come with anything else for mail access? It doesn't have
it's own built-in POP3/IMAP4 server/subsystem :-)

> How exatly do you are "able to login to the admin interface"? Do you login
> as a user that is configured to be Horde admin, or you are just granted
> access to the admin interface as long as you don't log out?

I use the user that is configured as Horde admin, which is a valid
pop3/imap4 user on the server as well.

> but when I click inbox, I get this message saying "error when

> Have you take a look at the mail log?

My mail log? that would be imap4/pop3 log from dovecot. And yes, it shows I
successfully logged in.

> Can you use your mail sistem via another IMPA/POP3 program (cell phone,
> Gmail, Thunderbird)?

Yes. I run Groupoffice <https://group-office.com/> on this system too, used
by several users.

M$ Outlook also works pretty well with pop3/imap4.

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles

May 14, 2016, 11:37:38 AM5/14/16

----- Mensagem de Odhiambo Washington <odhi...@gmail.com> ---------
Data: Fri, 13 May 2016 23:05:33 +0300

De: Odhiambo Washington <odhi...@gmail.com>
Para: "Mauricio Jose T. Tecles" <mte...@biof.ufrj.br>
Cc: i...@lists.horde.org

What I am saying is that I don't use "Horde Groupware Webmail
Edition", I use Horde + IMP, wich is Horde's Internet Mail Program
(IMP). It's another (old) way to install and configure.

What is in your imp/config/backends.local.php?

Mauricio