[imp] Server does not support binary message data

Aaron Paetznick

Apr 6, 2016, 2:13:25 PM4/6/16
We've found a particular message that generates an "Server does not
support binary message data" error when we attempt to forward it from
IMP. We're using Horde 5.2.10 and IMP 6.2.13. I thought the issue was
similar to ticket #13901 (https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13901), but
we're using regular SMTP and not ActiveSync.

We're also having problems with the same message and how it renders.
It's an HTML message, and some of the links below a certain point no
longer work. They simply aren't available to click. This does not happen
for the same message in Outlook.com, Yahoo, Gmail, and even Horde3/IMP4.
I wonder if this is related to the binary message data error above.

Is there an address we can forward the message to for analysis?

--Aaron

Jan Schneider

Apr 8, 2016, 7:00:27 AM4/8/16

Zitat von Aaron Paetznick <aar...@critd.com>:

> We've found a particular message that generates an "Server does not
> support binary message data" error when we attempt to forward it
> from IMP. We're using Horde 5.2.10 and IMP 6.2.13. I thought the
> issue was similar to ticket #13901
> (https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13901), but we're using regular SMTP
> and not ActiveSync.

It may still be the same issue. If we attach the message as-is as a
message/rfc822 mime part, and that part is formatted so that it
requires binarymime, that may be the issue. Theoretically.

> We're also having problems with the same message and how it renders.
> It's an HTML message, and some of the links below a certain point no
> longer work. They simply aren't available to click. This does not
> happen for the same message in Outlook.com, Yahoo, Gmail, and even
> Horde3/IMP4. I wonder if this is related to the binary message data
> error above.
>
> Is there an address we can forward the message to for analysis?
>

> --Aaron

Best would be to upload it to a ticket on bugs.horde.org.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project