[dev] Horde Calendar Date Format

denis bahati

Jun 16, 2015, 8:20:57 AM6/16/15
Dear All,
Is there a way to configure date format for Calendar when creating new event/task in Horde? It always display date as 'MM/DD/YY', but I need to be 'DD/MM/YYYY' .

Jan Schneider

Jun 16, 2015, 12:20:28 PM6/16/15

Zitat von denis bahati <djba...@yahoo.co.uk>:

> Dear All,
> Is there a way to configure date format for Calendar when creating
> new event/task in Horde? It always display date as 'MM/DD/YY', but I
> need to be 'DD/MM/YYYY' .

It uses your locale's date format. See the mailing list archives.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project

fredofl...@gmail.com

May 9, 2016, 6:11:11 PM5/9/16
On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 6:20:28 PM UTC+2, Jan Schneider wrote:

> > Dear All,
> > Is there a way to configure date format for Calendar when creating
> > new event/task in Horde? It always display date as 'MM/DD/YY', but I
> > need to be 'DD/MM/YYYY' .
>
> It uses your locale's date format. See the mailing list archives.

That doesn't make sense *at all*. Every individual user can set their own global preferences in the Horde setup, so explain to me why such a setup is then not consistently applied across all elements of Horde. Whatever system default exists should at that point become utterly irrelevant and would even cause problems and inconsistency.

This issue seems to be getting close to a year old by now - I have just installed a freshly downloaded copy of Horde and it still has that exact same bug - user date preferences do not carry through into the Calendar app. Possibly elsewhere as well, but I haven't tested that yet.

So, system locale is entirely irrelevant - the only time that could matter would be by first defaults and those should be adjustable by the admin user as well.

So, in short, it seems to be a bug, not a system setup dependency.