Samba4 AD password hook for password synchronization

Stephane HINDERER

Nov 29, 2012, 10:48:46 AM11/29/12
Hello all,

I'm using today Samba 3 + LDAP as DC and i'm preparing the migration to
Samba 4.
With Samba 3, the password hooking was possible (EXOP smbk5pwd) and
easy. This kind of solution allow samba users to integrated Samba3 into
an Identity Management infrastructure.

With Samba 4, the issues is how to implement this kind of configuration.
With AD, MS has implemented the possibility to use a password filter
(dll installed on all DC) in order to allow password hook.

Like password filter, is there a mechanism to allow password hook with
samba 4?

Can we use the policy (reversible password) to allow external script to
detect a pasword change and pickup them ?

Thanks for your answers

lgr...@assertiva.biz

Jan 6, 2016, 9:18:30 AM1/6/16
Hi Stephane, did you figure out how to solve this problem ? I´m in the same situacion, any help would be very useful

Regards,