monitor directive: Trigger query (walk) failed: -2

1 view

Michael Musenbrock

Jul 31, 2008, 8:46:28 AM7/31/08
online search seemsto be unavailable (everytime 0 results), so I apologize if the question was asked yet, but it is quite urgent.

I want to monitor my own scalar, handled by a subagent, with the disman event handler.

Steps I've done:
create v3 user -> snmpget/walk requests working
use for testing "LinkUpDownNotifications yes" is working

Then with the following steps the problems occure:
I add the monitor directive for my own scalar (monitor -e xxxSystemState -r 30 "System State Changed" != XXX-MIB::systemState)
Then at first I get a "Trigger query (walk) failed: -1" (maybe because the subagent is not ready yet).
Then for a short while (a few seconds) i can make normal snmpget requests
Then i get "Trigger query (walk) failed: -2" and then also snmpget requests does not work anymore, BUT my subagent holds also some tables which send some traps (send_v2traps) by hand, are still working, so in background the agent/subagent seems to be quite ok, requests from outside seems to be blocked.

System infos:
NET-SNMP version 5.4.1
OS: solaris 10

Can anybody help me? If i can't bring it to work, what's my other possibilties, if i would watch changes by hand? Which helper (maybe stash cash) would be the right thing for a single scalar?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards
Michael

Dave Shield

Jul 31, 2008, 9:13:42 AM7/31/08
2008/7/31 Michael Musenbrock <rede...@gmx.net>:

> I want to monitor my own scalar, handled by a subagent, with the disman event handler.

This doesn't work with 5.4.1.
Have a go with 5.4.2.pre2 or 5.4.2.rc1 (hopefully later today!)
We think this problem should be fixed there.

Dave