snmpset withnsExtendArgs

dlakshm...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2019, 3:22:07 AM6/21/19
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to set a value as command line argument to a c program by snmpset with nsExtendArgs. But I am getting error like this

sudo snmpset -v 3 -c private -a MD5 -A 12345678 -x DES -X 12345678 -l authPriv -u abcuser localhost 'NET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB::nsExtendArgs."FreqChange"' s 230

Error in packet.
Reason: notWritable (That object does not support modification)
Failed object: NET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB::nsExtendArgs."FreqChange"

I saw in MIB file MAX access permission is read-create for nsExtendArgs object it means object can read, write, and create right?

snmpd.conf:

com2sec readonly default public
com2sec readwrite localhost private

view all included .1 80
view system included .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system

rocommunity public default
rwcommunity private localhost -V all
CreateUser niju MD5 niju1234 DES
rwuser niju

# Extend SNMP
extend FreqChange /etc/snmp/scripts/Frequency 280

How can i set value as command line argument to this program by snmpset?

Otherwise Is there any other alternative to set a value as command line argument?

Anyone please give a solution for this.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Lakshminaidu.