Re: IPFilter 5.1.1

Sandwich Maker

Feb 6, 2012, 2:11:31 PM2/6/12
" From: Gabriele Bulfon <gbu...@sonicle.com>
"
" Wooo, glad to see you committed to IllumOS and made it workable in one day :)
" Should we use this instead of the preinstalled 4.x?

imho 5.1 should be std on it. could you work with them?
Andrew Hay the genius nature
internet rambler is to see what all have seen
a...@an.bradford.ma.us and think what none thought

Darren Reed

Feb 6, 2012, 4:09:25 PM2/6/12
On 6/02/2012 8:11 PM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Gabriele Bulfon <gbu...@sonicle.com>
> "
> "
> " Wooo, glad to see you committed to IllumOS and made it workable in one day :)
> " Should we use this instead of the preinstalled 4.x?
>
> imho 5.1 should be std on it. could you work with them?

That's the plan

a b

Feb 7, 2012, 3:04:14 PM2/7/12

> > imho 5.1 should be std on it. could you work with them?

> That's the plan

Excellent! Illumos now has IPFilter support, woo-hoo!!!

It is really encouraging and a boost for the Illumos effort to have Darren Reed maintain IPFilter for it.

One other thing: if you contacted Garrett, you likely received links which document how to become a contributor to the Illumos project. Do you mind sharing those here?
You have had people collaborate on IPFilter with you in the past, one could very well imagine they might want to get their code integrated upstream into Illumos.