Public DNS how-to

1 view

eric Miller

Jun 20, 2002, 3:04:57 AM6/20/02

i have search-engined myself to death, and can't find the resource I
need. can anyone point me to a how to that will help me accomplish
the following goal:

set up a fully functional DNS server that will behave just like the
DNS server from my ISP. I know how to set up DNS on my LAN, but I
want to use one of my static IP's to run my own DNS server

TIA

Kwang Moon

Jun 20, 2002, 3:58:33 PM6/20/02

"eric Miller" <emi...@techskills.com> wrote in message
You need to purchase this book:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/

Stefan Kyrytow

Jun 23, 2002, 7:44:18 PM6/23/02
I was just looking for this information myself earlier today. I found this
at the linux documentation project;
http://www.ibiblio.org/mdw/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html

It should help out and it contains links to other sites fo more advanced dns
implementations.

--

Stefan Kyrytow
skyr...@sympatico.ca