[AMaViS-user] Passed Spammy not quarantined

roger pedrol

May 15, 2008, 7:23:12 AM5/15/08
Hi All,

having strange problem with amavisd not quarantining.

messages detected as SPAM are quarantined but messages detected as
SPAMMY are NOT quarantined. The thing is that passed SPAMMY messages are
scoring and marked correct. following example:

tests=[ADVANCE_FEE_2=2.049, DEAR_SOMETHING=2.234,
HTML_FONT_LOW_CONTRAST=0.543, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001,
MIME_HTML_ONLY=1.672, MIME_HTML_ONLY_MULTI=0.001,
MPART_ALT_DIFF=1.143, RCVD_IN_NJABL_PROXY=1.693,
RCVD_IN_SORBS_HTTP=0.001, RDNS_NONE=0.1, URIBL_BLACK=1.961]

What I'm missing?

Ubuntu hardy amavisd-new 2.5.3. some details of my amavis config

$QUARANTINEDIR = '/var/virusmails';

$sa_spam_subject_tag = '***SPAM***';
$sa_tag_level_deflt = 2.0;
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 6.31;
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 6.31;
$sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 10;

roger pedrol

May 15, 2008, 2:16:59 PM5/15/08
Bernd Probst escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Check $final_spam_destiny in amavisd.conf.
> To quarantine mails this should be set to D_DISCARD instead of D_PASS.
> With $spam_quarantine_to define where to quarantine spammails (file system,
> SQL ...).
>
> Greetings
> Bernd

thank you Bernd.

I'm using $QUARANTINEDIR to store spam emails and it works. The problem
is that mails detected as SPAMMY are are always Passed and not
discarded. I would like to block and quarantine SPAMMY detected
messages, any ideas?

Mark Martinec

May 20, 2008, 12:48:23 PM5/20/08
Roger,

> The problem is that mails detected as SPAMMY are are always Passed
> and not discarded.

Yes, this works as designed.
By default messages are bloked and quarantined at kill level (CC_SPAM),
and are passed and not quarantined (but just tagged in a header) when
above tag2_level (CC_SPAMMY) but still below kill_level.

> $sa_spam_subject_tag = '***SPAM***';
> $sa_tag_level_deflt = 2.0;
> $sa_tag2_level_deflt = 6.31;
> $sa_kill_level_deflt = 6.31;
> $sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 10;

Are you sure the kill_level is the same as your tag2_level???
If it is, you shouldn't be seeing any SPAMMY messages,
just SPAM or CLEAN.

> I would like to block and quarantine SPAMMY detected
> messages, any ideas?

It is possible to also block and quarantine at tag2_level (CC_SPAMMY):

$quarantine_method_by_ccat{+CC_SPAMMY} = \@spam_quarantine_to_maps;
$final_destiny_by_ccat{+CC_SPAMMY} = $final_spam_destiny;

although this is contrary to the design intention.
Just ensuring the messages which are in your case marked as
spammy reach a kill level should suffice to get them blocked
and quarantined.

Mark