master.cf concurrency and default values

Dario M

Oct 5, 2020, 5:13:09 PM10/5/20
Hi folks,

I'm a bit unclear about what a default setting is.

In my main.cf, I might have

$vendor_destination_concurrency_limit = 1000000

In my master.cf, I might have

vendor unix - - n - 200 smtp

Does my "vendor" service have a concurrency of 200, or 1000000?

From my understanding, if I wanted to have 10000000, I would use a "-" in
place of "200". By specifying "200" in master.cf, I am overruling the
main.cf setting of 1000000, setting the service's concurrency to 200.

(This is a config I'm working with, that someone else put in place, so I'm
trying to understand it before making too many changes)