ErrorMessage on certificate generation

thomas....@atosorigin.com

Jul 30, 2004, 5:44:05 AM7/30/04
Hi all,

I am currently developing a routine (UNIX shell script) for automatic
certificat generation. The script contains the following command:

openssl ca -config $CADIR/TMF-TestCA.cnf -name $PURPOSE -in $i -out
$CADIR/certOut/$REQ.pem

where $PURPOSE names the section of the config file to be used.
The command produces the an output as follow:

Using configuration from /home/OpenSSL-CA/TMF-TestCA/TMF-TestCA.cnf
wrong number of fields on line 1 (looking for field 6, got 1, '' left)
TMF-TestCA/bin/ComputeRequests: line 15: 5411 Speicherzugriffsfehler >>
openssl ca -config $CADIR/TMF-TestCA.cnf -name $PURPOSE -in $i
-out $CADIR/certOut/$REQ.pem

<Speicherzugriffsfehler> means "memory access error".

Can anybody tell me what's going wrong? Maybe there is anything wrong with
my config file?

Best regards

Thomas Beckmann

Antoine Latter

Jul 30, 2004, 10:07:00 AM7/30/04
I was receiving the:

"wrong number of fields on line 1 (looking for field 6, got 1, '' left)"

error myself, yesterday.

I fixed it by making sure that my "blank" index.txt was truly and
properly blank - I had an empty line in the file, which messed
everything up and caused opessl to segfault, which is probably the
same as <Speicherzugriffsfehler>.

Antoine

Rahul Deshpande

Oct 26, 2020, 11:44:56 AM10/26/20