syntax error in generated asm for sha1 (0.9.8h)

Pierre Joye

Jun 25, 2008, 8:43:45 AM6/25/08
Hello,

I'm new to the list and did not find a better place to report bugs.
Please point me to the right place if this mailing list should be used
for bug reports.

While building the new binaries to be used by PHP windows releases, I
got a syntax error in s1_win32.asm (generated by sha1-586.pl).

Generated code:
TITLE sha1-586.asm
.486
.model FLAT
_TEXT$ SEGMENT PAGE 'CODE'

PUBLIC _sha1_block_data_order
16
_sha1_block_data_order PROC NEAR

The 16 is obviously causing the error. I tried to figure (quicly)
what's wrong in the script but perl can be sometimes more cryptic than
the generated asm ;)

Thanks for your fantastic work on openssl!

Cheers,
--
Pierre

http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org

Mounir IDRASSI

Jun 25, 2008, 6:31:45 PM6/25/08
Hi,

This error has been already reported and I indicated how to solve it : in
the file x86ms.pl, the line 273 containing "$extra" should be removed.
Please refer to the following link :

http://www.mail-archive.com/opens...@openssl.org/msg24059.html

Cheers,

--