Re: cd burner in base of NetBSD

Jonathan A. Kollasch

Mar 6, 2008, 1:15:15 PM3/6/08

--eheScQNz3K90DVRs

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 04:47:50PM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I may have overlooked one -- if so please point me to man page.
>=20
> Any plans or thoughts on providing a CD writer in NetBSD?
>=20

I'd like to see at the very least a utility that could close
discs. I hear you can write to the device and get data on
the disk, but closing the disc still needs to be performed for
compatibility.

> I see FreeBSD and DragonFly have burncd and OpenBSD has cdio.
>=20

cdio looks like it has some bits that could be ported.

Jonathan Kollasch

--eheScQNz3K90DVRs

--eheScQNz3K90DVRs--

Jonathan A. Kollasch

Mar 7, 2008, 4:23:14 AM3/7/08

--tMbDGjvJuJijemkf

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 11:10:59AM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > I'd like to see at the very least a utility that could close
> > discs. I hear you can write to the device and get data on
> > the disk, but closing the disc still needs to be performed for
> > compatibility.

>=20
>=20
> Do you mean like "cdplay close" to "Inject the disc"?

Close disk, close session. Things you do when done burning.

Jonathan Kollasch

--tMbDGjvJuJijemkf

--tMbDGjvJuJijemkf--