(no subject)

Макс

Dec 19, 2010, 7:53:49 PM12/19/10
Hello freebsd-smp,

I'm not find the answer
Will Intel Core I3 Correctly Work on free bsd 8.1 in 64 bit mode
And i don't understand about motherboards. Do I need any drivers for chipset?
I want to Buy Asus P7* Mb

--
Best regards,
Макс mailto:must...@mail.ru

John Baldwin

Dec 20, 2010, 9:37:51 AM12/20/10
On Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:53:49 pm Макс wrote:
> Hello freebsd-smp,
>
> I'm not find the answer
> Will Intel Core I3 Correctly Work on free bsd 8.1 in 64 bit mode
> And i don't understand about motherboards. Do I need any drivers for chipset?
> I want to Buy Asus P7* Mb

Assuming the i3 supports 64-bit, it should work fine. You generally don't
need any drivers for chipsets in FreeBSD. However, specific parts of the
chipset do use drivers (e.g. if the motherboard has an on-board Ethernet
interface, then that Ethernet interface needs a driver). I've no idea what
devices on are the motherboard you asked about, but most common devices
(e.g. Intel NICs) work fine.

--
John Baldwin