HOPE - Re: Stuff I don't understand, and maybe never will.

fre...@johnea.net

Jul 1, 2016, 9:30:51 PM7/1/16
On 2016-06-30 11:30, maxnix wrote:
> I hope that, in a world where telecommunication devices are more and
> more pervasive, in schools will teach to kids not only how to work with
> computers, but even how computers work.

Unfortunately, this is also not too common. I have a son in High School in California, most schools think tech training means buying a bunch of ipads, or teaching the kids to use M$ word.

As a note on organizing, I would encourage anyone who is able, to attend the "Hackers On Planet Earth" conference in Manhattan in late July:

https://xi.hope.net/schedule.html

There is a presentation on this subject by Richard Stallman:

"Freedom and Privacy in Our Lives, Our Governments, and Our Schools"

This is a great conference in general. If you are able, come mingle and communicate with similarly informed and motivated people.

johnea