Install Fuse-SSHFS from ports or from Fuse Website Project ?

Alexandre

Sep 22, 2010, 9:33:53 AM9/22/10
Hi,

I want to use Fuse-SSHFS
http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/fusefs-sshfs/but the port is old
(and it got a Sanity Test Failure).
When I go to the website of the project Fuse
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse/ , there is a more recent version
fuse-2.8.4.tar.gz and available (?) for FreeBSD.

Is anyone is using Fuse-SSHFS and which version : the one from ports or from
the project website ?

I haven't found anything on Google.

Best Regards,

Alexandre.

Ion-Mihai Tetcu

Sep 22, 2010, 12:24:43 PM9/22/10
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:33:53 +0200
Alexandre <axe...@ymail.com> wrote:

> I want to use Fuse-SSHFS
> http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/fusefs-sshfs/but the port is old
> (and it got a Sanity Test Failure).
> When I go to the website of the project Fuse
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse/ , there is a more recent version
> fuse-2.8.4.tar.gz and available (?) for FreeBSD.
>
> Is anyone is using Fuse-SSHFS and which version : the one from ports
> or from the project website ?

The version in ports froze my system when I tried to save a file opened
from the mounted file system. (some 3-4 weeks back),

"Intellectual Property" is nowhere near as valuable as "Intellect"
FreeBSD committer -> ite...@FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B

signature.asc

Sergey Nikolenko

Sep 22, 2010, 12:56:27 PM9/22/10
On 22.09.2010 22:24, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:

>> I want to use Fuse-SSHFS
>> http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/fusefs-sshfs/but the port is old
>> (and it got a Sanity Test Failure).
>> When I go to the website of the project Fuse
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse/ , there is a more recent version
>> fuse-2.8.4.tar.gz and available (?) for FreeBSD.
>>
>> Is anyone is using Fuse-SSHFS and which version : the one from ports
>> or from the project website ?
>
> The version in ports froze my system when I tried to save a file opened
> from the mounted file system. (some 3-4 weeks back),

Both versions also got this problem:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/149411
It is something wrong with sysutils/fusefs-kmod on 8.x

Ion-Mihai Tetcu

Sep 22, 2010, 2:01:35 PM9/22/10
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:56:27 +0600
Sergey Nikolenko <s...@swa.org.ru> wrote:

> On 22.09.2010 22:24, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
>
> >> I want to use Fuse-SSHFS
> >> http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/fusefs-sshfs/but the port is old
> >> (and it got a Sanity Test Failure).
> >> When I go to the website of the project Fuse
> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse/ , there is a more recent
> >> version fuse-2.8.4.tar.gz and available (?) for FreeBSD.
> >>
> >> Is anyone is using Fuse-SSHFS and which version : the one from
> >> ports or from the project website ?
> >
> > The version in ports froze my system when I tried to save a file
> > opened from the mounted file system. (some 3-4 weeks back),
>
> Both versions also got this problem:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/149411
> It is something wrong with sysutils/fusefs-kmod on 8.x

Hrm .. so is this a general FUSeFS problem? Or just a sshfs one?

signature.asc

Torfinn Ingolfsen

Sep 22, 2010, 2:10:31 PM9/22/10
Hello,

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Alexandre <axe...@ymail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> I want to use Fuse-SSHFS
> http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/fusefs-sshfs/but the port is old
> (and it got a Sanity Test Failure).
> When I go to the website of the project Fuse
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse/ , there is a more recent version
> fuse-2.8.4.tar.gz and available (?) for FreeBSD.
>
> Is anyone is using Fuse-SSHFS and which version : the one from ports or
> from
> the project website ?

I am using the port version:
root@kg-quiet# portversion -v | grep sshfs
fusefs-sshfs-2.2 = up-to-date with port

on:
root@kg-quiet# uname -a
FreeBSD kg-quiet.kg4.no 7.3-STABLE FreeBSD 7.3-STABLE #8: Mon Apr 5
21:10:07 CEST 2010 ro...@kg-quiet.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/QUIET
amd64

It works for me. YMMV.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen

Sergey Nikolenko

Sep 22, 2010, 2:34:44 PM9/22/10
On 23.09.2010 00:01, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:

>>> The version in ports froze my system when I tried to save a file
>>> opened from the mounted file system. (some 3-4 weeks back),
>>
>> Both versions also got this problem:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/149411
>> It is something wrong with sysutils/fusefs-kmod on 8.x
>
> Hrm .. so is this a general FUSeFS problem? Or just a sshfs one?

Looks like a general fusefs problem on 8.x

Sergey Nikolenko

Sep 22, 2010, 4:25:11 PM9/22/10
On 23.09.2010 02:08, Warren Block wrote:

>>> Hrm .. so is this a general FUSeFS problem? Or just a sshfs one?
>>
>> Looks like a general fusefs problem on 8.x
>
> There's a patch in http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=149674
> that might be related.

Thanks! Will try tomorrow.

Warren Block