HEADSUP: DTrace support in current

John Birrell

Mar 16, 2008, 6:25:55 PM3/16/08
This is an early headsup for DTrace support being committed
to current. I plan to start committing stuff bit-by-bit
starting a week from now, subject to review of the bits.

As part of this work I will be moving the CDDL sources that
ZFS uses into a separate CDDL-specific tree according to
core@ instructions (resulting from their license review).

There will also be minor changes to ZFS to build some
things in an 'opensolaris' kernel module which are shared
with DTrace. Both the zfs and dtrace kernel modules will
depend on the opensolaris module.

I am not planning to commit all of DTrace in one big blob.
Instead I want to get the changes in without enabling
them in the build right away. The DTrace support is
optional, so I'll try not to break the build. (famous last
words?)

--
John Birrell

Ivan Voras

Mar 17, 2008, 2:29:29 PM3/17/08
--------------enig519D91188B8B31403C3E053C

John Birrell wrote:
> This is an early headsup for DTrace support being committed
> to current. I plan to start committing stuff bit-by-bit
> starting a week from now, subject to review of the bits.

Great news! Could you perhaps update the information on=20
http://dtrace.what-creek.com/ ?

--------------enig519D91188B8B31403C3E053C

--------------enig519D91188B8B31403C3E053C--

Garrett Cooper

Mar 18, 2008, 5:31:44 AM3/18/08
On Mar 17, 2008, at 11:27 AM, Ivan Voras wrote:

> John Birrell wrote:
>> This is an early headsup for DTrace support being committed
>> to current. I plan to start committing stuff bit-by-bit
>> starting a week from now, subject to review of the bits.
>

> Great news! Could you perhaps update the information on http://dtrace.what-creek.com/
> ?

+1 to that.

Thank you very much for all of your work over the past couple months
John :).

-Garrett