How to permit remote clients?

Vandana

Apr 26, 2003, 7:37:45 AM4/26/03

Hi all,

I am using mysql-3.23. What changes should I make to my server to
allow remote clients to connect to it. When I try to access this server
from a remote machine, I get the following error

"Host <clientip> is not allowed to connect to this MYSQL server"

Thanks.

Aggro

Apr 26, 2003, 2:42:19 PM4/26/03
Vandana wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using mysql-3.23. What changes should I make to my server to
> allow remote clients to connect to it. When I try to access this server
> from a remote machine, I get the following error
>
> "Host <clientip> is not allowed to connect to this MYSQL server"

This will give user local access to database called "databasename":

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON databasename.* TO username@localhost IDENTIFIED
BY 'password'

And this will give the user access from computer which ip is
192.168.1.3: ( This is basicly what you want? )

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON databasename.* TO user...@192.168.1.3
IDENTIFIED BY 'password'

From mysql manual:
"You can specify wildcards in the hostname. For example,
user@'%.loc.gov' applies to user for any host in the loc.gov domain, and
user@'144.155.166.%' applies to user for any host in the 144.155.166
class C subnet."

More info about grant: