Why murmur3 for transaction_write_set_extraction

Stewart Smith

Dec 21, 2015, 11:12:54 PM12/21/15
What was the reasoning behind the use of the murmur3 hash for
transaction_write_set_extraction in sql/rpl_write_set_handler.cc ?

There seems to be no discussion of pros and cons in commit messages,
just the addition of murmur (along with command line option to
optionally disable it have none).

With hardware acceleration of CRC32 both on x86 with SSE4.2 and on POWER
with our vpmsumw asm, I wonder why/how murmur3 came out on top?