running mysql-test-suite with a custom storage engine

Christoph Rupp

Jun 29, 2016, 6:06:49 AM6/29/16
I'm trying to run the mysql-test-suite with my storage engine. I'm
following the instructions in mysql-test-suite/suite/engine/README and
start the suite like this:

perl ./mysql-test-run.pl --suite=engines/funcs
--mysqld=--default-storage-engine=upscaledb

However, all tests fail because my storage engine cannot be loaded:

2016-06-28T10:57:42.326031Z 0 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage
engine: upscaledb

This error is emitted in sql/mysqld.cc.

Any idea how i can fix this, or how I can work around this problem? My
storage engine is compiled as an external plugin. When using it in a
CREATE TABLE statement (with the mysql command line client) everything
works as expected.

Thanks
Chris

Bjorn Munch

Jun 29, 2016, 9:42:49 AM6/29/16
On 29/06 12.06, Christoph Rupp wrote:
> I'm trying to run the mysql-test-suite with my storage engine. I'm
> following the instructions in mysql-test-suite/suite/engine/README and
> start the suite like this:
>
> perl ./mysql-test-run.pl --suite=engines/funcs
> --mysqld=--default-storage-engine=upscaledb
>
> However, all tests fail because my storage engine cannot be loaded:
>
> 2016-06-28T10:57:42.326031Z 0 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage
> engine: upscaledb

If it's s plugin, you will also need to tell mysql-test-run how to
instruct the server to load the plugin. This is done by adding an
entry to mysql-test/include/plugin.defs (see the comments in that
file). Then your test needs a <test>-master.opt file with the server
options, see e.g. the test mysql-test/t/plugin_auth-master.opt for an
example.

But if you want this to apply to an existing test suite then I think
you can best do this by adding those --plugin_dir= and --plugin_load=
as additional --mysqld= arguments. You have can multiple --mysqld=
arguments to MTR.

- Bjorn Munch

Christoph Rupp

Jun 30, 2016, 1:58:17 AM6/30/16
Bjorn,

adding --mysqld=--plugin_load=... works.

Thanks for your help!
Christoph