Upcoming Opportunity with IR

1 view

Pitt Model United Nations

Oct 5, 2022, 1:03:49 PM10/5/22
to Pitt MUN Mailing List 2022-2023
Hello queens and kings,

I wanted to pass along this message that I received today about Pitt hosting one of the former ambassadors to Ukraine next Thursday in the WPU! See below for the original message:

We have exciting news to share: GSPIA will be hosting former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch on Pitt’s campus! Dean Carissa Slotterback will have a conversation with her live, in-person in the William Pitt Union on Thursday, October 13th at 1:30 p.m. in the Assembly Room.

Former Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, became a household name when she courageously testified during the 2019 Trump impeachment inquiry. In her memoir, Lessons from the Edge, Yovanovitch claims her narrative on her own terms, reflecting on the arc of her fascinating life and courageous career in foreign policy and diplomacy. In the midst of a massive geopolitical shift, caused by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine (the largest war in Europe since 1945), there is no better person to share their hard-won wisdom than Yovanovitch.

We hope you’ll attend – register here to reserve your seat: RSVP: A Conversation with Marie Yovanovitch | Graduate School of Public and International Affairs (pitt.edu).

I'll be attending! Slay! Have a good Wednesday lovelies.

Haley