Meeting TONIGHT! yasss

Pitt Model United Nations

Sep 12, 2022, 1:35:35 PM9/12/22
to Pitt MUN Mailing List 2022-2023
Good afternoon fellow students.

This is a reminder that we will have our second meeting tonight at 9 PM in our usual room 4130 in Posvar! We hope to see everyone there.

Lately, I have been pondering the censorship in the State. I've been reading the Republic by Plato for class, and, after finding out that Plato and his teacher, Socrates, are in favor of an authoritarian regime led by the wisest members of society, I have begun to question what the greater good is and, if it is accepted by all community members, what lengths a society is willing to endure to achieve it. Is it better to undergo examinations of literary texts and other forms of education and the arts to determine what our children would learn the most from? But really, who are we to say? There are so many different people with different opinions, and it fills me with regret to say that I, or those around me, should be the ones choosing what they can and cannot see. I wonder about the future generations of the world and what their perspective will be since it is so dependent on how they grow up and who they are surrounded by.1984 core. I hope this small philosophical debate finds everyone well.

Slay,
Haley <3